Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Sal, the Italian

This place has good coffee shops - 2 different Starbucks (one is 2 stories!) within walking distance but a host of other local coffee shops that create great locations for studying and caffeinating.

Two Fridays ago, I was sitting at Starbucks drinking a Chai Latte and trying to read a pretty complicated paper on data analysis, but I digress, and as I'm sitting in a wonderfully comfortable chair two younger guys come and sit on the coach right next to me.
I continue reading but quickly notice through their chatter that they have very pronounced accents. Every time I look up from my paper, I make awkward contact with the one sitting closer to me. (I'm still not really sure what kept his interest, but it made for an interesting evening.)
Eventually the one with the awkward eye contact starts to talk to me while his friend, Sal, is on the phone with a girl trying to figure out when and where it was they were supposed to meet up.  After Sal gets off the phone he also makes mild attempts to talk to me, but is much more interested in his phone. (What can I say, I'm not as interesting as a smart phone.)
I am not really into this discussion, they seem young.. and like they are trolling - and I didn't come to Starbucks to get hit on, rather I'd like to read my paper. 
Eventually Sal gets another call, and sadly for him the girl isn't going to show but they make plans to meet up after spring break. So the boys leave with hopes of finding a party or something to do with the rest of their night..

Fast forward to the following week - I come back to Starbucks to get a coffee in the middle of the workday and who do I see? You guessed it, SAL. And he is sitting with a girl at a table having a very serious looking conversation. Apparently, Starbucks in Ann Arbor is the place to hit on girls.

Now the best part is that one day while waiting for my coffee I find this hanging on the posting board.

Notice how all the tabs are ripped off.  It seems Sal has a pretty fool proof method for getting the girls. I'll keep an eye out for him and his Italian friend again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment