Saturday, February 26, 2011

My Apartment

I live about 1 mile from the building where I generally work, which is the chemistry department, but I also will do work at the Biomedical Science Research Building (BSRB) that is being showcased as my background to this blog.
In the summer time the walk would be great, you walk across the river and it's a pretty open scenery with the hospital in front of you until you hit the edge of town, but in the winter it means that you have no protection from the winds that blow the snow around.
I'm told that the winter had been pretty mild before I got here, but in the 6 days that I've been here we've had snow on about half of the days - the post docs joke that I brought the bad weather with me. My hope is that the weather becomes more spring like while I'm here and that I can bring that weather with me back to Hanover!

I already talked a little about the suite that I have for my stay but I thought I would show some pics. The two bedrooms are nice with full beds and sparse decorations. The kitchen is tiny, but fine for one person, there are 4 place settings and a table for 4, a couch and a wide chair (that's nearly a love seat) as well as a TV with cable and a land line telephone.  It's weird to have a TV after living for so long without one, but it's nice to have something to turn on while I'm cooking, working, or writing.

The first day that I got here, when I was looking around I found this cute surprise in the freezer. I sadly had to destroy it as soon as I had some food to put in the freezer.
Home.. for a month or so at least
Overall, it's a nice place to stay though, there is a fitness center and study lounge in close buildings and the public transit is convenient to use, and multiple stops are within walking distance from my apartment.
Let me know if you want my address and I will email it to you. I think that's all I have to say for now about the apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment