Thursday, February 24, 2011

Michigan!

So as some of you know I am currently in Ann Arbor (or A-squared, as the locals say) doing collaborative research with Dr. Michael Morris at the University of Michigan. For those of you who don't remember too much of your US geography I've included a map of Michigan.  Ann Arbor is located in the county that is second row from the bottom and second from the right.


I arrived on Monday to nearly a foot of snow, which isn't really that much compared to what we had in Hanover when I left, but seeing as it was a holiday and the city is suffering from budget deficits they didn't do much to clean it up until Tuesday.

I have a two bedroom executive suite that I'm renting for the time that I will be here, potentially that could be until the last weekend in March. The title of this blog comes from this suite. It was sold as a furnished suite, "with everything that one could possibly need for a pleasant stay" and in general I agree with that - the kitchen has a fridge, a toaster, a coffee maker and an oven BUT NO MICROWAVE!  I love the microwave, and use one probably every day - not necessarily to cook things but for reheating left overs or for a quick cup of tea. 

So far I've been here for 3 days, and I'm surviving without a microwave, but it has definitely led to some interesting alternative approaches.  I'll share some of those stories and some of my other adventures from Michigan through this blog.

I'm off to make some dinner, and will post more about my adventures so far later!

No comments:

Post a Comment